October Update

Hey Guys

Just a quick update from the last couple of weeks. I raced at the Moreton Bay Triathlon on 29 September, then backed up for a week of competing in athletics and cycling at the Australian Uni Games on the Gold Coast. As Moreton Bay was only 2 weeks after the Sunshine Coast 70.3, I was unsure how my legs would respond.
I had a solid swim exiting the water in second, 10 seconds behind Joey Lampe. I then rode fairly strongly but the gap opened up to about 45 seconds to Lampe. On the run I felt really flat and was missing the usual spring in my step. I finished 3rd overall in quite an average performance.
Lesson learnt: I need 3 weeks to recover after a 70.3 event.
At Uni Games I was not surprisingly flat again all week. I was pretty disappointed in my performances but I did enjoy myself and have a fun week. By the end of my time on the Gold Coast I started getting really sick. I suffered a cold/virus for just under 2 weeks. I have spent many days in bed and I am now finally starting to feel better again.

Out riding yesterday, loving the feeling of being on the bike after 2 weeks off!

In more exciting news, I have now signed a partnership with organic nutrition company, Optimum Life. I am really excited to start working with this company and incorporating their products into my lifestyle.  For more information on the company and products available, visit: http://www.optimumlife.com.au

This is going to keep me healthy and on top of my game!

Coming up for me is the Noosa triathlon (3rd Nov), Kingscliff triathlon (1 Dec) then Canberra 70.3 (15 Dec)

KR

This entry was posted on Wednesday, 16 October 2013. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply